With the installation of Sierra's new bulletin board system (BBS), the response has been phenomenal. Accessible to anyone with a computer and modem hook-up, Sierra's BBS operates at no charge to the user (you must incur phone charges, however). The BBS operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for convenient user access.
Sierra's BBS is broken down into several areas. There are eight conferences supporting Sierra programs and one conference supporting technical questions. In the game conferences, users leave questions concerning Sierra's adventure games, which can be answered by fellow callers. In the technical questions conference, questions are fielded by Sierra's technical experts. In the telecommunications area, users can talk directly through their computers to other on-line callers.
The Library is a BBS favorite. Here, users can download playable demos of games, software programs, and even additional scenery files for Sierra's 3-D Helicopter Simulator.
The BBS averages over 6,000 calls per week and has nearly 25,000 active users. Calls are received from all over the world, although the majority of users live in the United States. If you haven't yet explored the exciting new world of telecommunications, come and join us. Maybe someday, I'll talk to you on Sierra's BBS.
Issue 3: Spring 1988
- A New Breed of Viruses Attack Computers
- Apple II Graphics Book Available
- Correction to Sierra Product Catalog 1988
- Crossword Winners Announced - Spring 1988
- Dealer List: Spring 1988
- Entertainment: Mother Goose Crossword / How Good Are Your Eyes / Word Search Winners
- Hints On How To Get A Hint
- Issue 3 Credits
- I Wish I Got Paid For Playing Games All Day
- King's Quest III Ships for Apple!
- Latest Versions of Sierra Prorgrams - Spring 1988
- New Products for the IIGS!
- Order Form: Spring 1988
- Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel
- Sierra Announced New 3-D Animated Adventure! Manhunter: New York
- Sierra Cartoon Contest - Spring 1988
- Sierra Drawing Contest - Spring 1988
- Sierra Keeps Growing! Breaks Ground On New, Larger Building Site
- Sierra Mailbag - Spring 1988
- Sierra Newsletter Results
- Sierra's Contract With Disney Expires
- Sierra Signs Contract for Silpheed
- Sierra Visits Japan! Compares U.S. and Japanese Software Markets
- Smart Money 2.0 IBM Ships!
- Solutions to Early Sierra Game Puzzles Revealed!
- Special Offer on Sierra T-shirts!
- The New Sierra BBS
- The Sierra Explorer (Space Quest II Ad)
- Thexder Contest Winner!
- You Make 'Em, We Break 'Em - Quality Assurance At Sierra
This website is © 2010-2011 David Reese. All rights reserved. All images and content, including, but not limited to, the Interaction Magazine logo and articles from the magazine, are the property of their respective owners. Interaction Magazine has been made available to the public on the SierraGamers website, and is considered a part of the public domain. Image hosting provided by Photobucket.