Sierra's complete personal finance product has been adapted to the Apple IIGS. According to Ken Williams, "In converting Smart Money to the Apple IIGS, we wanted to fully utilize the power of that machine. We didn't convert our Apple 2E version but instead completely redesigned the product around the mouse-oriented, dialog box, pull-down menu graphical interface of the 2GS. This is by far the easiest to use version of Smart Money and will become the template for our Macintosh and Windows versions".
Smart Money is an easy and efficient way to manage all personal finances, from simple household budgets to complicated investment analyses.
Smart Money is designed with the power and performance inherent in business accounting products, but tailored for personal use. Not only does it handle monthly bill paying (like most personal financial software packages), but Smart Money is also equipped to easily manage the really difficult tasks, like computing loan payments and long-term investment strategies.
Smart Money is a wise investment for those whose finances have outgrown simple paper and pencil accounting.
Smart Money IIGS will be available in November 1988 with a suggested retail price of $69.95. Upgrades are available for current Apple IIe/IIc Smart Money users for $15.
Send upgrade requests to:
Smart Money Apple Upgrade
Sierra On-Line, Inc.
P.O. Box 485
Coarsegold, CA 93614
Issue 4: Winter 1988
- Adlib Music Synthesizer Card (advertisement)
- Adlib Music Synthesizer Card Supports Sierra Games
- Apple II Graphics Book Available (Issue 4)
- Compute! Book Tells the Complete Story of King's Quest Series
- Corny Cartoons Captured!
- Dealer List (Issue 4)
- Drawing Dynamos Discovered!
- Gold Rush! Sierra's 3-D Animated Historical Simulation
- Heard It In The Hallway (Sierra's Rumor Mill) - Winter 1988
- How to Avoid the Holiday Hint Crush
- Issue 4 Credits
- Kings Quest IV Arrives!
- King's Quest IV - A Technological Wonder
- Manhunter: New York (A Review)
- New Products (Issue 4)
- President's Corner (Issue 4)
- Roberta Williams on the New King's Quest
- Sierra Catalog Orders (Issue 4)
- Sierra Completes Conversion of Color Macintosh Games
- Sierra Extends Hint Hotlines for Holiday Season
- Sierragram (Issue 4)
- Sierra Mail Bag (Issue 4)
- Sierra On-Line, Inc. Announces It's Initial Public Offering of Common Stock
- Sierra Ships New Titles for IIGS
- Smart Money Enchanced for Apple IIGS
- Successful Word Search Winners Announced (Issue 4)
- The Eyes Have It (Sierra's Picture Puzzle Winners Announced!)
- The Men Behind the Mysterious Manhunter: New York
- Three More Sierra Games Go for the Gold!
This website is © 2010-2011 David Reese. All rights reserved. All images and content, including, but not limited to, the Interaction Magazine logo and articles from the magazine, are the property of their respective owners. Interaction Magazine has been made available to the public on the SierraGamers website, and is considered a part of the public domain. Image hosting provided by Photobucket.