Apple IIGS owners can look forward to loads of exciting new titles to add to their software library!
King's Quest II is the historical second chapter in the epic King's Quest series. Apple IIGS owners can join the ranks of King's Quest fans worldwide as they become the daring King Graham on a heroic adventure in the land of Kolyma.
King's Quest II features the digitized (and horrifying) screeching of bats, creaking doors, and the terrifying scream of Dracula, just to mention a few.
Original music has been updated and improved to take advantage of the Apple IIGS special sound features. In fact, several of the songs were rewritten and new songs added, such as the robot's theme.
The third installment in the series, King's Quest III is the bestselling game in Sierra's nine year history. An immediate to advanced level challenge, King's Quest III allows you to play the role of Gwydion, a young lad enslaved by the evil wizard Mannanan.
King's Quest III for the Apple IIGS includes many new digitized sound effects and songs specially created for this enhanced version.
Space Quest II is the latest in Sierra's line of 3-D Animated Adventures. Join sanitation engineer turned space hero Roger Wilco as you face the evil scientist Sludge Vohaul and his monkey-suited minions.
The graphics in the Apple IIGS version are as sharp and defined as anything Sierra has ever done. As for sound effects, they are phenomenal! Listen to Vohaul's life support system as digital sound effects give you the full chilling sound of his evil heartbeat. Listen to the whoosh of airlocks, the blast of laser guns and Roger Wilco being zapped electrically, all in super stereo sound!
Manhunter: New York is Sierra's latest and greatest game ever for the IIGS, encompassing 4 3.5" disks! With loads of new sound effects and eerie music, Sierra gamers will be thrilled to hear digitized alien voices, the popping sound of squished heads, and the poinding sound of fists on flesh as they tackle Sierra's most gruesome game ever. Gunshots, explosions, and shattering glass add to the chills as you work the streets of New York as a "private eye" for a hostile race of alien invaders.
Also, look for more great IIGS titles to arrive soon, as Sierra's team of game designers are currently working on IIGS versions of Gold Rush!, King's Quest IV, and Silpheed, to be shipped in the upcoming months. You can count on Sierra to team up with the Apple IIGS for great game software.
Issue 4: Winter 1988
- Adlib Music Synthesizer Card (advertisement)
- Adlib Music Synthesizer Card Supports Sierra Games
- Apple II Graphics Book Available (Issue 4)
- Compute! Book Tells the Complete Story of King's Quest Series
- Corny Cartoons Captured!
- Dealer List (Issue 4)
- Drawing Dynamos Discovered!
- Gold Rush! Sierra's 3-D Animated Historical Simulation
- Heard It In The Hallway (Sierra's Rumor Mill) - Winter 1988
- How to Avoid the Holiday Hint Crush
- Issue 4 Credits
- Kings Quest IV Arrives!
- King's Quest IV - A Technological Wonder
- Manhunter: New York (A Review)
- New Products (Issue 4)
- President's Corner (Issue 4)
- Roberta Williams on the New King's Quest
- Sierra Catalog Orders (Issue 4)
- Sierra Completes Conversion of Color Macintosh Games
- Sierra Extends Hint Hotlines for Holiday Season
- Sierragram (Issue 4)
- Sierra Mail Bag (Issue 4)
- Sierra On-Line, Inc. Announces It's Initial Public Offering of Common Stock
- Sierra Ships New Titles for IIGS
- Smart Money Enchanced for Apple IIGS
- Successful Word Search Winners Announced (Issue 4)
- The Eyes Have It (Sierra's Picture Puzzle Winners Announced!)
- The Men Behind the Mysterious Manhunter: New York
- Three More Sierra Games Go for the Gold!
This website is © 2010-2011 David Reese. All rights reserved. All images and content, including, but not limited to, the Interaction Magazine logo and articles from the magazine, are the property of their respective owners. Interaction Magazine has been made available to the public on the SierraGamers website, and is considered a part of the public domain. Image hosting provided by Photobucket.