On October 6, 1988, Sierra On-Line, Inc., a developer and publisher of entertainment software products, announced it's initial public offering of 1,400,000 shares of Common Stock. The offering price was $9.00 per share. Of the total, 980,000 shares were sold by the Company and 420,000 shares were sold by selling stockholders. The company intends to use the net proceeds as needed, for general purposes, including working capital and product development, and for possible acquisitions of businesses that would complement the Company's business.
Sierra develops and publishes premium-priced interactive animated adventures, simulations, and other microcomputer entertainment software products for the high end of the consumer market. The Company's products feature high-quality graphics, music and sound effects that are designed primarily for IBM PCs, IBM PC-compatibles, and computers manufacted by Apple Computer, Inc. Final prospectuses may be obtained from Piper, Jaffray and Hopwood, Incorporated, 222 South 9th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402 and Oppenheimer & Co., Inc., 2029 Centure Park East, Suite 3550, Los Angeles, California, 90067.
Issue 4: Winter 1988
- Adlib Music Synthesizer Card (advertisement)
- Adlib Music Synthesizer Card Supports Sierra Games
- Apple II Graphics Book Available (Issue 4)
- Compute! Book Tells the Complete Story of King's Quest Series
- Corny Cartoons Captured!
- Dealer List (Issue 4)
- Drawing Dynamos Discovered!
- Gold Rush! Sierra's 3-D Animated Historical Simulation
- Heard It In The Hallway (Sierra's Rumor Mill) - Winter 1988
- How to Avoid the Holiday Hint Crush
- Issue 4 Credits
- Kings Quest IV Arrives!
- King's Quest IV - A Technological Wonder
- Manhunter: New York (A Review)
- New Products (Issue 4)
- President's Corner (Issue 4)
- Roberta Williams on the New King's Quest
- Sierra Catalog Orders (Issue 4)
- Sierra Completes Conversion of Color Macintosh Games
- Sierra Extends Hint Hotlines for Holiday Season
- Sierragram (Issue 4)
- Sierra Mail Bag (Issue 4)
- Sierra On-Line, Inc. Announces It's Initial Public Offering of Common Stock
- Sierra Ships New Titles for IIGS
- Smart Money Enchanced for Apple IIGS
- Successful Word Search Winners Announced (Issue 4)
- The Eyes Have It (Sierra's Picture Puzzle Winners Announced!)
- The Men Behind the Mysterious Manhunter: New York
- Three More Sierra Games Go for the Gold!
This website is © 2010-2011 David Reese. All rights reserved. All images and content, including, but not limited to, the Interaction Magazine logo and articles from the magazine, are the property of their respective owners. Interaction Magazine has been made available to the public on the SierraGamers website, and is considered a part of the public domain. Image hosting provided by Photobucket.