Manhunter: New York, a foreboding science fiction epic, is the latest creation by Dave and Barry Murry, the authors of the mega-hit The Ancient Art of War. A dark vision of our planet's future, Manhunter evolves around the life of a detective in New York City two years after an alien invasion and consequent world takeover. The "hero" of the story is contracted by the newly founded alien dictatorship to be an enforcer of alien rule, his job to track down and destroy a ring of human saboteurs and militants out to end the alien siege.
Manhunter is a twist on most contemporary adventure games, allowing players to choose allegiance between good or evil. Opportunities to make critical moral decisions are offered throughout the game, as the player's character develops into either a destructive Manhunter or a supporter of the Human Alliance.
Manhunter's authenticity includes locations that are haunting replications of a post-holocaust Manhattan. Encounters with characters that rank among Sierra's most vile add to the chilling atmosphere of this adventure.
Manhunter adds several innovations to Sierra's acclaimed adventure game system. The main character's viewpoint changes throughout the game, from first person (for one-on-one encounters) to third person perspective as you follow the whereabouts of your computer-assisted tracking device (which does your spying for you). Advanced windowing effects, overviews and close-ups help give Manhunter a movie-like presentation.
Manhunter is being developed initially for MS-DOS machines, with Apple IIGS, Macintosh, and Amiga versions to follow.
Issue 3: Spring 1988
- A New Breed of Viruses Attack Computers
- Apple II Graphics Book Available
- Correction to Sierra Product Catalog 1988
- Crossword Winners Announced - Spring 1988
- Dealer List: Spring 1988
- Entertainment: Mother Goose Crossword / How Good Are Your Eyes / Word Search Winners
- Hints On How To Get A Hint
- Issue 3 Credits
- I Wish I Got Paid For Playing Games All Day
- King's Quest III Ships for Apple!
- Latest Versions of Sierra Prorgrams - Spring 1988
- New Products for the IIGS!
- Order Form: Spring 1988
- Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel
- Sierra Announced New 3-D Animated Adventure! Manhunter: New York
- Sierra Cartoon Contest - Spring 1988
- Sierra Drawing Contest - Spring 1988
- Sierra Keeps Growing! Breaks Ground On New, Larger Building Site
- Sierra Mailbag - Spring 1988
- Sierra Newsletter Results
- Sierra's Contract With Disney Expires
- Sierra Signs Contract for Silpheed
- Sierra Visits Japan! Compares U.S. and Japanese Software Markets
- Smart Money 2.0 IBM Ships!
- Solutions to Early Sierra Game Puzzles Revealed!
- Special Offer on Sierra T-shirts!
- The New Sierra BBS
- The Sierra Explorer (Space Quest II Ad)
- Thexder Contest Winner!
- You Make 'Em, We Break 'Em - Quality Assurance At Sierra
This website is © 2010-2011 David Reese. All rights reserved. All images and content, including, but not limited to, the Interaction Magazine logo and articles from the magazine, are the property of their respective owners. Interaction Magazine has been made available to the public on the SierraGamers website, and is considered a part of the public domain. Image hosting provided by Photobucket.